Chicago Air And Water Show – All You Need To Know
With the gorgeous views of both nautical and aeronautical feats on the coast of Lake Michigan, Chicago’s Air and Water show is regarded as one of the popular and best events.
Every year in August, the shores and the skies of Chicago are thrilled with stunning water rescues, with the plane of before and now, with daredevils and their astonishing tricks, with performances of bravery and precision.
In other words, it is a thrilling and beautiful display of drive, desire to perfect, and discipline. Here’s another amazing fact about the Chicago Air and Water Show, it is absolutely free.
Fun Facts about the Show
Here are some of the most amazing facts about the Chicago Air and water show, according to Chicago itself.
- Most of the planes that fly at the show usually land and take off at the Gary Jet Center in Gary, Indiana.
- It is a large area that covers almost every flight scene.
- A group of military planes takes flight from the bases in the mid-west. They make their moves on scheduled moments.
- 14 of the federal city and state agencies work together in harmony to make sure that their show runs flawlessly throughout the timeline.
- All the pilots perform their stunts by the water in a secure area. Whenever a plane flies over a building, it only flies in its flight area to safely return to the marked show area.
- According to a reliable estimate, about 2 million spectators come to the show every year.
- We will conclude the facts with the last fact that states that the Chicago Air and Water show is known to be the largest and most amazing free-running show of its kind if all over the USA.
Where is the Show held?
Most of the show is carried out between Fullerton Avenue and Oak Street Beach, with the epicenter at the North Avenue Beach. This is the section for the announcers, where the skydivers set their stations, and where the ceremonies are held.
The center of the show is the best viewing point to get a view of what is happening. It means that the show is more crowded than the Crosstown Classic. Luckily, this isn’t just a point to watch, but there are a lot of other locations as well.
What types of things are not allowed at the beach?
Well, this can lead to a long list, but the most prominent things to avoid bringing to the beach are the following:
- Explosives or Fireworks
- All pets
- A terrible attitude
- Flag poles
- Pop-up tents
- BBQ Grills
- Illegal weapons and substances
In conclusion, you are guaranteed to have a good time at the Chicago Air and Water Show. Also, it is a great spectacle for kids as well, which makes everyone a part of it.