Top things about texas which everyone should know!
Here are the Top things about texas are written below!
1. Although currently a state of America, it once enjoyed independent status under the name of The Republic of Texas. It also had its share of dark times when it was ruled over by different countries. Six different flags flew over this state: Spain, Mexico, France, The Republic of Texas, the Confederate States of America, and the United States.
2. Texas, (initially known as Tejas) is derived from the word ‘Taysha’. Taysha is the word used for ‘friends’ or ‘allies’ in the native language of East Texas. Different tribes such as Caddo, for greeting each other, commonly used this word.
3. Those who are in need for speed, buckle up your seatbelts and put your cars in gears, for the fun is about to commence. Texas, as many would-be amazed to find out, has the fastest roads in the US. Highway 130 between Austin and Seguin has an 85 mph speed limit!
4. Just by the way, are you a lazy traveller? Do you want to see it all without doing it all? No worries. Texas has you covered. Texas has little towns named Paris, Athens, Naples, London, Dublin, and Florence. But that’s not it. There is a place in this state called ‘Earth’ (yes, you read it right). Easy way to conquer the Earth, no?
5. However, if you must come to this amazing place within the United States, you also must eat like the Texans. The official dish of Texas is chilli and the official dessert is pecan pie. What a perfect combination, I must say. It has also had the means to satisfy the teenagers with its official snack: chips and salsa! Speaking of food, Texas takes pride for being the birthplace for hamburgers.
Interesting facts about this amazing place!
6. Anyone who has heard of Texas must have heard about the phrase ‘Don’t mess with Texas’, but little do they know about the reason behind the warning. This slogan first started as an anti-littering campaign to mainly stop people throwing beer bottles out from their cars. Soon, its popularity resulted in it becoming an unofficial slogan for Texas pride.
7. Life here could be proven a lot more adventurous through the fact that it is completely legal to shoot and kill the Bigfoot if you ever come across him/her. It is, however, advisable to make sure that the creature you confronted is actually the mythical being and not some giant dog from the neighbourhood.
8. The Texan phrase ‘Everything Is Bigger in Texas’ is more than just a boast. Ranging from bigger BBQ, giant candles, large rounds of drinks, to large state buildings, huge architecture, giant population and the huge area of the state itself. So, everything is actually bigger in Texas!
9. Want to be surprised by the unexpected? Fort Worth has on display a life-size war recreation of the famous painting ‘The last supper’ by Leonardo Da Vinci. The statues with real hair might strike as creepy but this roadside attraction is not to be missed.
10. However, it is not all rainbows and unicorns. It is the leading producer of sulfur, natural gas and oil in the country, is also the biggest source of pollution. Greenhouse gas emission of this state alone equals the emission of six countries in the world. Hence, it is safe to say that this place is full of surprises and who knows what you might come across!